Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Surprises



So yesterday I did it!  I ate flawlessly on time and on nutrition with every meal.  I even rode my mom's stationary bike after work and before class.  I was very impressed with myself.  This morning I decided that I had to face the scale and see what damage I had done since my last weigh in on April 17. I was expecting the worse, thinking I was going to weigh in at 170lbs which would be a gain of 4.5.  To my surprise, I lost 2 lbs!  I am now 163.5lbs down a total of 36.5 lbs.  Needless to say I shocked myself.  Even though I was eating badly I continued to track.  I think that still gave me some accountability with the amount I was consuming.  Today is a new day and I am looking forward to keeping up the hard work.  My family is doing a fitness challenge where you set your own goals and try to achieve them together!


Here are my goals for the challenge:


Final goals, run a 5k in under 30 minutes, lose my final 15 lbs and find a comfortable maintenance plan. My weekly goal is to workout 5 days a week for an hour doing at least 30 min of HIIT.  I also want to complete my other two fitness competitions ending June 17th and June 22nd!


I wasn't going to write my goals down, but it seems like a very important step!  Feel free to share your goals!  


Since my job is only seasonal and tax season just ended, my last day of work is in 2 days!  I have decided to take a big load of classes this summer and not work.  I am so excited and nervous seeing how this is my first time since I was 15 that I haven't worked!  I hope to really focus on my fitness and health the whole time!

Here is a picture of my before pants!  They are falling off as I walk!  I feel like a gangster!



2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I was looking at your pictures on facebook from your Vegas trip and you look AMAZING! It is definitely noticeable that you lost weight! You look great! Congratulations on the hard work, you earned every pound you lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily!!! I really appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete