Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Re-motivation


Well, my "cheat week" surprised me.  I thought since I was so miserable eating foods that were bad for me that i would have no problem getting back on the band wagon.  Man was I wrong.  I have been struggling badly for the last two weeks, but I am determined to get back to it.  I understand that minor slip ups happen.  The most important thing is realizing the problem and getting re motivated.  While I have been struggling I have noticed and learned so much about myself.  I would have to admit that I have a problem with food.  Hiding it to eat it, lying that i didn't eat as much as i did, and pretending that it really wasn't that bad.  These were all habits I had practiced before I lost my weight.  The only problem is i did not recognize them as being a "problem" at that time.  These last two weeks, i reverted back to all of those negative practices and I felt so bad.  Aside from feeling sick bad, i felt embarrassed and ashamed of my actions.  I felt like I had relapsed and my family was too nice to call me out on it.  I am shocked to think that is how I lived my life before.  I do not want to continue on like this and I know that the ONLY one that can fix that is me.  No one else.  I believe in myself enough to know that I have the power within to accomplish any and all of my dreams, not just pertaining to weight loss.  I am ready to complete my journey and move on to maintaining this lifestyle.  No matter what your struggle is, remember that you are the only one that can help yourself.  The power lies within.

No comments:

Post a Comment