Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Discipline


On the weekdays, Jason and I usually go to the gym every night around 9.  Tonight I told my Mom I would stay home so we could organize some stuff.  I told myself that instead of skipping a workout, I would go for a walk/jog on my hour lunch break.  I half expected myself to bail out, like I always do.  But I brought my gym bag into work instead of leaving it in my car.  It was just staring me in the face.  At around 11:30 am I was in no mood to do any sort of physical activity, so i said to myself, “why don't you just put on your exercise clothes?  They always make you feel good.".  So I did.  Within 30 minutes I was motivated to go!  I mapped out a route that would allow me to purchase some water and still get me back to work in time.  I started off walking down to the main street from my office building, once I got to it, for some reason that is beyond me, I started jogging!  Now for the most exciting news...  I did the first mile in 13 minutes and 26 seconds!  I could NOT believe that I did it!  I felt so proud and I walked into the store with my sweaty head held higher than it has ever been!  As i was looking around, I saw all the other "9-5ers" on their lunch breaks.  They were all getting fast food or sucking down their mochafrappenotworththecalories while I was working out.  I planned ahead brought a healthy meal.  Me!  I am so proud of myself.  Now, right before left for this walk/jog I came across the below picture and it made me thing.  We all know what NEEDS to be done, but most of the time when it comes to our health we don't do it.  We tend to op for the convenient things on our lives.  As for me, I say no.  I am my most important priority.  I know what needs to be done and I WILL do it.  Even if I don't want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment