Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why not me?


Today I was presented with a new challenge.  Jason, who is super into body building and gaining clean weight, suggested I partake in bodybuilding.com's $100,000.00 12 week transformation challenge.  This means, 12 weeks to transform my body with the chance of winning a lot of stuff!  The entry is free, but I have to post my before pictures when I start.  Not after I have finished and I can look back and say, “ya, I USED to look like that, now I have this body".  I have been contemplating this all day.  Looking over how I can improve my current clean eating habits, my gym regiment, and the supplements I would want to take.  I can clean up my already clean eating habits.  I can vow to reach my 40/40/20 nutritional goals at each meal.  I can vow to only have ONE not-so clean eating meal a week. I can vow to do both cardio and weight training at the gym.  I can vow to not only buy the supplements, but USE them.  I could do all of these things, but why was I hesitating so badly?  I guess I feel like there is no way out of the thousands of people who enter, that I would actually win.  To me, it doesn't even seem like a possibility.  That no matter what I would do, there would be someone that deserved it more, or someone that worked harder than me.  While I was worrying, I started browsing through the fitness category on Pinterest.  I came across this picture...




Then I thought, WHY NOT ME?!?!  Why don't I work hard to do something that I WANT?  Why don't I accomplish something that will be with me for the rest of my life?  So here and now, I commit.  I commit to do my homework and eat 40% carbs 40% protein and 20 % fat at EVERY meal.  I vow to only eat a meal a week that is "bad" for me... (I.E.  Eating chicken and a sweet potato at a steakhouse or getting fries with my in-n-out; NOT pig out meal)  I vow to order my supplements and take them, even if I don't want to.  I vow to do both cardio and weight training at the gym.  I vow to accomplish my goal of winning the $100,000.00 12 week transformation.  I believe in myself and the power I have.  And this time it is about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment