Thursday, December 1, 2011

Motivation

Today is day 4 of my new lifestyle And guess what?  I am still going strong!!!  I am so proud of myself.  I have been to the gym only 3 of the days because I am a big wuss.  It is recommended to do weight training because lean muscle burns more calories than fat.  To me it is just so scary to use the free weights and machines!   I felt feel so intimidated my all the strong men and lean women that carelessly do their strength training, which by the way is 10x harder then mine.  I feel like they look at me and talk to each other whispering things like, "What is she doing..." or " She's so fat, she doesn't belong here...". It was then that i recalled a moment from one of Jamie Eason's videos at bodybuilding.com where she said that you go to the gym for yourself, to improve your body and achieve your goals.  this made me truly think that #1 I am there to accomplish my goals, not theirs and #2 that I have to start somewhere.  Right now my body isn't in peak condition, but I am doing something about it.  So,  I am learning to banish those fictitious voices and continue with my own motivation!



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog on pinterest, and love it! I started a couple of months ago, and it's so hard, but so worth it. Lifting weights scares me too! Does the gym you go to have classes? I always try to do those and add some weight lifting ones in there because I feel stupid doing free weights. Anyway, I'm rambling. But good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right! It is so hard but SOO worth it! The gym I go to does offer classes, but I am a full time student and I have a full time job so I can't usually make it in time for classes. I bit the bullet and started lifting the free weights. Bodybuilding.com has a free app for smart phones that walks me through the exercises step by step with pictures. This has given me a little more confidence because I know that I am doing it right! When you try to do free weights, just remember that your not there for anyone else but yourself! Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete